Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Dirty Dash



YES! The time has finally come! The Dirty Dash weekend is officially here! If the question was asked who wants to run a 10 k I would not be one of the people to raise my hand. But who wants to run a 10k with a little pizazz and A LOT of obstacles and MUD... YES PLEASE!! The first time I looked at this map I fell in love. So i guess it's true,  love at first sight really does exist! Just and I knew we had to get our friends the Smiths in on it with us. The beautiful thing about getting Adam and Natalie in on it with us is that they are as equally competitive as we are.. (it's rare to find). Let me explain what I mean when I say competitive. Most people like to win, but the Critchfield household is a house where the board game Monopoly turns into a blood bath. When Board Walk is bought there is a lot of glares and occasionally some in your face dance moves to say ha ha SUCKA! It is all out of love... for the most part. Anyways we got together with the smiths and decided we wanted to make a little wager with the boys, if we cross the finish line first  they have to take us on a little vacay. We trained pretty hard... ran at least 3 times, and ate breakfast burritos non stop. Ok we didn't train very much. But we had complete confidence in ourselves. We knew we could run the 6.2 miles if not because of our physical training at least because our will to win! It was a ball!!!! the first 3 miles were a lot of up hill which was pretty killer, but we enjoyed because we occasionally had bales of hay to hop over or walls to climb over to land in a big mud pit or tunnels to crawl through. The last 3 miles were my favorite! What a riot!  There was a big huge swampy marsh area that we had to trudge through. We decided to make it fun! Nat and I had to get eachother covered in mud so we made sure eachother fell whenever was possible. Justin and Adam wanted to get in on the fun so they joined in and slung mud at us, tackled us, and justin stuffed mud down my pants. Which was pretty embarrassing to run the rest of the race with brown goop coming out of my underpants, believe me! We ran to a big huge slip and slide, ran as fast as we could and just went for it. We were slipping and flipping and tucking and rolling all over the place! The last obstacle was a big mud puddle with a mud slide! We finished and i'm convinced I was at least 2 toes ahead of justin over the finish line. But in the end it didn't matte,r we just had so much fun! And yes I think we get our vacay anyways. Here are some pics of the day...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you're hilarious. I am really going to love checking out your blog. Your header makes me laugh so hard. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! Almost as awesome as the game was tonight. http://ow.ly/2Niu9

    ReplyDelete